Saturday, February 6, 2010

Babkas, banana bread and pound cake

The last couple of days I have spent going over my list of things to do but I can't seem to focus enough to do any of them. They are things like finish my business plan, work on a press release, start packing. All I have accomplished in the past two days is packing one small box of Feng Shui items that I have in the extra bedroom and cleaning out a couple of junk drawers. I did bake a few things too. A chocolate babka that I won't be making again, some pound cake cupcakes that were good, but not good enough, and some awesome banana bread from a recipe that I got from my sister. That one is a keeper.

I'm feeling overwhelmed with all there is to do - the move is the hard part. I hate packing, always have. But looking for a place to live online is difficult too - also trying to find an inexpensive place since we won't have an income for awhile, but still giving us enough space and an environment that we will enjoy coming home to - even if it is only to spend minimal time since we will be working everyday of the week. I'll feel better once I go up to Portland next week and find a place. Once I get back to Napa I will only have 10 days to pack it up, get the movers lined up and get to Portland. Wow. Am I crazy? Maybe so.

No comments:

Post a Comment